Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Found Poem

Below is my Found Poem from the book, "The Rock and The River".  The book was written by Kekla Magoon and the poem is consisted of bits and pieces from the book.  The pages I used were between 1 and 100.


He stood up... feeding the crowd with his words,
Mama stood behind him, where she always stood,
Yeah.

I tried to pretend I was somewhere else.

Just say the word, my man,  
They'll never miss us,
Tempting,
But impossible.

It doesn't matter now.

A flashbulb exploded in my face,
Assault?

I didn't reply.

Father stared at me,
Eyebrows dropping lower and lower,
None of you business.

Leave me alone.

Stick was gone,
It still burned me,
A handgun.

Don't even joke about that.

Father sighed,
Turn the other cheek,
I laughed.

Suddenly,
I turned.

So here we all are,
No intrustion,
We're finished,
One last question.


Why?

2 comments:

  1. I think that this poem was abstract, which somewhat confused me. I feel, however, that the quotes you used flowed, and the quotes seemed integral to one another. I really liked, however, that I couldn't pinpoint an exact point in the book that this was referring to! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Janine! It was good but confusing. Sometimes, it felt weird reading it, but good job either way!

    ReplyDelete